Sunday, September 18, 2011


There comes a point in which we stop being friends, and we become sisters!

An important person


A few years ago, I had the privilege of meeting the person I now call my best friend. She came from another country, and I had the chance and luck to meet her.  We have always been really close to each other, and have always been there whenever we need support. Five years ago, I went to live to another country, and because of the distance, we stopped being best friends. We were still friends, but not best friends. When I came back, we barely talked to each other, and I didn’t have anyone to tell my secrets to.  I don’t know how, last year we recovered our trust, and created a whole new friendship in which everything was excellent, it was like a movie friendship. I really appreciate the moment when we began to be like this again. I finally found someone I could trust, and have really funny moments.
She is really special, honest, trustable, loving, and supportive. It is really funny, because we always like to pretend we are sisters, and we make up jokes, telling people we meet, that we are sisters. Sometimes, we have been asked if we are sisters, I don´t know why, because we don’t look alike. She is taller than me, her eyes are slanted, sometimes her hair is curly, and mine is always straight, but actually I don’t mind being asked, because I do consider her a sister. The best experience I´ve ever had with her was in a trip we made together.  It all started with a road that was supposed to take two hours, and ended up being six. When we finally got to the place, we were already stressed, we were starving and the restaurant was already closed, and it was raining a lot. We decided to go to our room and sleep, to our surprise, when we entered the hotel room, we found a big, green and ugly toad! We couldn’t stop shouting; I think we woke up everyone. A worker came, and took it out of our room. Finally, we could go to our room and sleep. The next day, adventures continued to appear.  When we woke up, we were offered to go on a boat ride, obviously we both said yes. After the whole ride ended, we decided to go to the pool, because it was really hot. We saw the water was green, so we got disgusted and said we were not going to get in the pool. A worker told us that it was because the pool was being cleaned with seaweed, that there was no problem if we wanted to get in. We got in, and it actually did not have anything wrong. After a while, we began to play pool games, and one of those included diving into the water. It was my friend´s turn, and she dove in, when she got out, an enormous, red with black grasshopper was right behind her, we both panicked and our reaction was to take it out of the pool with a leaf.  After taking it out of the pool, we felt really bad, because at the moment we put it in the grass, a bird flew by, and ate the grasshopper. We couldn’t believe it. I have had a lot of funny moments with her; I would never stop telling them if I wanted to tell them all. Other anecdote with her, which is one of my favorites, was when we had to stay in a stranger person´s house, because we went on another trip, and that was where we had to stay. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to us, but really funny too. In the house, there were two dogs, and one cat. One day, we were using the computer, on the dining table, and suddenly, the cat climbed up the table, we don´t know why, it started to convulse or something similar. We did not know what to do, so we just ran and called its owner. The next day, the cat was taken to the hospital, and he was sick. It was weird in that moment, but now every time we think of it, we cannot stop laughing.
 This year, we have had a lot of fights, which have separated us. We have tried to fix everything, and actually it has not been any easy. Right now, we finally solved everything, and we are just the same as we were a few months ago! I really appreciate her friendship, and enjoy being with her. I love having so many inside jokes between us, and telling so many jokes too. We talk all the time, and not get bored. Even though we fight, we both know we will always be best friends no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment